ATI’s Fluoride Monitor Q46F provides continuous measurement of free fluoride concentration in potable water. The system employs a fluoride sensitive ion selective electrode (ISE) which provides reliable measurement down to 0.1 PPM and as high as 1000 PPM. A chemistry module provides sample conditioning for the sensor and the measured fluoride concentration is displayed on a separate electronics module that also provides alarm and analog output functions.
Fluoride is widely added to drinking water systems to help prevent tooth decay. It is normally added in the form of liquid hydrofluorosilicic acid, which can be easily handled and applied using standard metering pumps. While control of the fluoridation process is easily handled by simple flow proportional feed, monitoring of final fluoride concentrations is useful in providing an alarm in the case of overfeed problems. Optimum fluoride levels of around 1 PPM are safe, but control system problems resulting in concentrations above 2 PPM are considered excessive and need to be detected as early as possible. Loss of chemical feed can also be detected quickly and reliably with on-line fluoride monitoring.
Features and Benefits:
- Two isolated 4-20 mA outputs are standard. Default setting provides analog outputs for fluoride and temperature.
- Standard PID control function assignable to one analog output.
- A sensor preamplifier module in the Auto-Chem enclosure allows separation between the monitor and chemistry unit by up to 300 feet.
- Three SPDT relays are standard, with relay functions programmable for alarm, control, or trouble indication.
- NEMA 4X (IP-66) enclosure is suitable for wall, pipe or panel mounting.
- Three SPDT relays are standard, with relay functions programmable for alarm, control, or trouble indication. Three additional low power relays available as an option.
- Back-lit large LCD display provides clear visibility in any lighting condition. A scrolling second line on the display provides additional information and programming prompts.
- Communication options for Profibus-DP, Modbus-RTU, or Ethernet-IP.