As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 on the public, we wanted to reach out to our customers to let you know some of the measures we have taken to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees alike.
At SPD Sales, the health and well-being of our customers and employees is our first priority and we have taken many steps internally to ensure we maintain a healthy environment for all.
We actively monitor the recommendations by the Public Health Agency of Canada and adjust our protocols in accordance with these recommendations. We have regular communication with our employees on this protocol to ensure that every one of our staff is operating in a manner that supports the health and well-being of all.
Some of the steps we have implemented include:
- All employees must follow personal hygiene & social distancing as highlighted on the Public Health Ontario website.
- All employees have been encouraged to monitor their health situation more closely and have been instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Any employees who experience illnesses including the cold and flu, are required to seek medical evaluation before returning to work. i.e. tested for COVID-19. Public Health is the leading authority for all issues related to COVID-19 and only they can provide detailed instructions.
- SPD Sales Ltd employees following travel outside of Canada are required to self-quarantine for 14 days as recommended by the Provincial and Federal government guidelines.
- Employees have received clear protocols to wash their hands regularly along with other good hygiene practices and safety measures like social distancing and ensure to wear appropriate PPE when visiting customers’ sites.
We remain open for business and are here for our customers when you need us. We want our customers to feel confident that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure a safe and healthy workforce when requested to be on site.
We trust our customer also are following the same protocol as outlined by our Canadian Public Health in order to ensure that we all work together to limit the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
On March 17th, Premier Ford announced a state of emergency in Ontario, based on the advice of public health officials. At this time, the Premier has not directed a “provincial shutdown”, but rather the closures of various services and restricted public gatherings to less than 50 people. Please check with the Ontario.ca, since the situation may be changing.
We have not shut down our office but has allowed our employees to work from home as an option. Some of our staff has done so but we are maintaining a minimum staff to take care of logistics.
We thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to continue serving you with technical support as requested.
SPD Sales Management Team